Dirt bikes are very famous among the youth and are gradually attracting the kids too. The growing craze of dirt bikes among the kids has led to an increase of kid’s dirt bike in the market. Dirt bikes for kids are available in huge ranges and are present in different sizes based on the age groups of the children. Go for the durable and strong bikes as they have to suffer lots of scratches and tripping. If your toddler is a beginner, avoid going for the larger bikes as they are hard to handle. Too many difficulties faced by the kids while learning the dirt bike riding can lower their confidence level. Take all the precautions to make them learn fast with all the safety measures.
Things to remember while buying the dirt bike for your kid
- The fit – if your child is around 6 to 7 years, you should go for small bikes of 50cc. For the bigger age group of 10 to 12 years, you can go for 70cc. Going straight for 250cc makes it difficult for the child to handle the weight of the dirt bike. This can be risky and can lead to accidents. When your child learns the basics then you can switch the bikes gradually to the larger cc. You should always make your child test drive when you buy the bike to see whether the bike fits the kid properly and he can reach the clutch and other important parts easily without any strain. The perfect fit of bike will make the learning more effective.
- Accessories – accessories are also very important for all the kids. The dirt bikes usually come with support wheels. Going with the support wheels makes your child more confident as these will not let your kid trip and fall easily. Many children develop more interest in the dirt bike when they go for supportive wheels.
- Brand – choosing a reputed brand is very important if you are looking for high-quality dirt bikes. Many brands only provide larger bikes so you need to choose the brand carefully. These bikes are also available in different price ranges. So, you can choose them according to your budget. It is better to explore the kinds of bikes offered by different brands and checkout their fames before making a purchase decision.
- Clutch – you have to decide for the clutch adjustment as per your child’s requirement. Go for the auto clutch adjustment feature if your child is new in this field so that he can learn the basics of riding first without complicating other things. Once they are done with their basics, you can move the adjustments to the manual clutch.
- Safety wear – safety is very important for riders to avoid any injuries. Go for a well-fitted helmet to prevent head injuries. You should also not avoid the knee and elbow protection pads as they protect your child’s joints. Avoid going for the flip flops while riding instead go for the sneakers. Hand gloves are equally important to have a good grip on the handles.